There are many practical guides and FAQ’s etc on the People Anytime CR&D pages, but before you start to use these tools please read the items on this page first which will give you the basis for carrying out CR&D’s successfully, and an appreciation of what should be achieved.
24/07/2020 – We’ve listened to your feedback, so please note, new updated guidance/information is coming in the next few weeks. Keep your eyes peeled!
Click to view the new July 2020 CR&D guidance note.
This document covers all aspects of CR&D in depth to give you a full understanding of CR&D.
- Objectives – A new SMART builder in CoreHR helps us to focus our objectives and align them to the Council’s overall purpose. We can create, update and complete our own objectives throughout the year.
- Behaviours – New self and team assessments ask us to reflect on each of the Guiding Principles and provide a rating along with evidence. The same behaviours are expected of all employees, regardless of role.
- Knowledge and Skills – We complete a self-assessment against the knowledge and skills needed by Aberdeen City Council employees. This is called the Capability Framework.
- Development Plan – The Development Plan asks us to identify our top three priorities for development. The things we prioritise should help us to achieve our objectives and development needs, identified through the self-assessment.
- Meeting – Regular meetings take place between line manager and team members to review and record progress. An annual sign off by the line manager and employee is still needed to allow for increments. This sign off is based on the result of ongoing meetings, so no formal annual meeting is required.
- Ratings – Performance is now measured in three ways – Objectives, Behaviours, and Knowledge & Skills. The Team Behaviours don’t count towards performance but do help assess how healthy the team is. The ratings are Exceptional; Successfully Achieving; Developing; Not Achieving; and Not Applicable. Find out more about these in the next item ‘Ratings Explained’. Unlike PR&D where exceeding was recognised annually, exceptional performance can be recognised at any stage in the year and as often as it happens
- Salary Increments – If you have incremental progression in your salary scale and are not at the top of that scale, then your CR&D outcomes will determine your eligibility for an increment (also dependent on your start date in post and whether you are being managed under conduct or performance policies).
By March 2021
It’s expected as a minimum we’ll all be:
- Successfully achieving in Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Successfully Achieving all objectives
This means that by March 2021 you’ll be expected to:
- have developed the skills and knowledge required for your role
- be consistently acting in line with our Guiding Principles
- be consistently delivering on your objectives and milestones
Exceptions to this may be new starts, staff on Maternity Leave or Long Term Sickness.
While the overall rating stays the same for each element of CR&D, the description varies depending on what’s being measured.