This section will help you if:
- You are an employee or manager who wants to talk to someone outwith colleagues, friends or family about work related or personal issues
- You are a manager looking for ways to support a member of your team who is dealing with work related or personal issues
1. Time for Talking
Time for Talking is free and is available to all employees, Foster Carers, Elected Members and members of their immediate family, living at the home address and over 16 years of age.
We all encounter difficulties in our lives and sometimes these problems can affect our ability to function fully in our work or at home. The Council provides a free, confidential, 24 hour counselling service, 365 days a year. Time for Talking provides:
- A helpline for general advice and guidance;
- Psychological guidance and emotional support when things are getting you down; and
- Individual counselling, either face to face or over the phone.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) can also be offered to employees if required
There are different ways for you to contact the service:
- Call 0800 970 3980 – you do not need to give your name but you should say that you work for Aberdeen City Council;
- Via the website – You can refer yourself from our website. Simply click on ‘Making Referrals’ at the top of the homepage’ and you will be taken to referral form to complete and submit.
- You can chat online to a counsellor – Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm. Click on ‘live chat’ at the top of the homepage. Enter the following password: TfTnow before pressing enter. You will then be able to begin your chat.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any feedback about Time for Talking, please contact Neil Yacamini, Team Lead -Employee Transition on 01224 522913 or email@example.com.
2. Council – Workplace Chaplaincy Service
The confidential Council Chaplaincy service is available to those from all cultural or belief backgrounds. Please contact:
- Ron Flett: 07508 654423 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rick Brooks: 07595 221068 or email@example.com
To download a copy of the Council Chaplaincy leaflet please click on the link below:
The Council Chaplaincy service is part of Work Place Chaplaincy Scotland.
Community Chaplaincy Listening (CCL) is a service provided by NHS Grampian’s Healthcare Chaplaincy Department who are experienced and trained in active listening. CCL makes it possible for you to meet a member of staff who will listen to your story. Whether you are a patient, carer or member of staff, it offers you space to talk about what troubles you, makes you anxious or upset. It is confidential, non-judgemental and open to all.
4.Teacher Support Scotland
Teacher Support Scotland is the charity dedicated to improving the wellbeing and effectiveness of training, serving and retired teachers.
The services are entirely free and confidential. The 24/7 Support Line is staffed around the clock by qualified coaches and counsellors, ready to listen and respond to teachers in need, 365 days a year. In addition, teachers can access self-help information online, ask questions of qualified coaches and sign up for one to one email coaching via the website.
Contact: 0800 564 2270 or www.educationsupportpartnership.org.uk
You May Also be Interested in:
- Stress Information Booklet (this booklet gives information about stress, its causes and gives ideas and techniques to control and manage stress)
- Health and Safety Guidance, Policies and Procedures (Accessed via Internal Network only)
Click here to return to the main People Management page
Add a ‘Like’ and/or a ‘Rating’ below to indicate how useful you found this page