Updated 02 Sepember 2020
It is important that now we begin to prepare for the reinstatement of some services within ACC so that when lockdown is lifted we are in a position to reopen services in a way which is safe for both staff and the citizens of Aberdeen. This is our number one priority.
Please find below a presentation and flowchart on the reinstatement process for more information.
Please also find below a gateway questionnaire and risk assessment & inspection plan template to be completed by Chief Officers who are looking to reopen their service. Please use the documents as follows:
Open docs and download
Save in your own One Drive and complete. Remember to save them again.
These should be returned to Susan Gray by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please return any requests to Susan by 5pm on a Wednesday
View of documents below for a good example of how to complete these forms
Reinstatement and Staying Safe Videos
The following videos offer advice and guidance on how we are reinstating out services.
Currently Reinstated Services*
Phase 1 Reinstated Services
- Education (Teaching staff only)
- Building Services
- Housing Repairs
- Contract and Projects
- Roadworks – coordination
- Roads – safety inspection
- Roads – traffic management and road safety
- Roads – structures and coastal flooding
- Roads – site works
- CCTV Control Room
- Environmental Services – waste and recycling
- Environmental Services – countryside rangers
- Environmental Services -tree squad
- Environmental Services – invasive weed control
- Environmental Services – grass cutting
- Environmental Services -ground maintenance
- Environmental Services – verge maintenance
- Street Sweeping
Phase 2 Reinstated Services
- Place Planning
- Inspection of play equipment
- Roads – Bucksburn and Tullos depot
- IT Services – new laptop builds
- Facilities – cleaning of multis
- Environmental Services – waste and recycling (fortnightly service)
- Environmental Services – Hazelgrove Nursery outdoor space
- Creative Learning and Family Learning – outdoor sessions during summer holiday
- Galleries and Museums – Art Gallery, staff only
- Galleries and Museums – Kittybrewster
- Galleries and Museums – Tilly Hub, staff only
Phase 3 Reinstated Services
- Library Services – click and collect
- Library Service – home delivery
- Library Services – reopening
- Early Intervention – healthy minds
- Early Intervention – Midstocket playgroup
- Health and Safety Team – building inspections
- Digital and Technology – face to face appointments and Marischal College and Bucksburn Library
- Education Psychology Services – access to Mariscal College for audit
- PTU – school and social care transport contracts
- City Archives – staff only to prep for public opening
- Environmental Services – public toilets in parks
- Environmental Services – pets corner: opening of outdoor areas
- ACHSP – justice social work
- Facilities – School catering
- School Crossing Patrol
- Schools – stand-alone playing fields
- Galleries and Museums – opening to public (end Aug)
- Financial Inclusion – face to face meetings
- Housing Inspections
- Corporate Landlord – commercial lettings, inspections, surveys
- Legal Property team
- Adult Services – Len Ironside Centre
- Committee Services – restart of committee meetings
- Out of school clubs
Phase 4 Reinstated Services
- To be confirmed
*Not all list services have been reinstated immediately but those listed have been given approval to do so as per government guidelines.
Approved risk assessments are available on the link below (this link takes you to the ACC Intranet. If you cannot access the site please speak to your manager to view any risk assessments associated with your service.) These risk assessments may be subject to review should the COVID-19 situation change.
Additional Reinstatement Support
Welcome Back to the Office - Marischal College and the Town House
This document sets out the work that has been done within your place of work to ensure that the property is compliant with Covid-19 safety measures, it gives some reminders to you about the importance of social distancing, hand hygiene, etc. and what you need to do if you experience COVID-19 symptoms.
You can also watch the ‘Welcome back to Marischal College’ video above.
As part of your scenario planning, this employee scenario toolkit should be used for some of the more common employee scenarios to ensure a smooth return to work wherever possible.